Saturday, November 15, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude #13: Time Out!

"What do you do to take time out for yourself?" was TeachThought's Attitude of Gratitude question of the day for November 13th. I'm a day behind. Aack. But it's Friday afternoon, and I've got the weekend ahead of me. Time for a time out! 


What's on the menu? A Netflix marathon to catch up on How To Get Away With Murder (I wrote about Professor Kearing's appearance in my class in this post). Also need to catch one episode of American Horror Story: Freak Show. Two guilty pleasures. 

Working out is a great time out, too, and I'm committing right now to get to the gym tomorrow morning before the day gets away from me. And on Sunday, too. I'm amazed at how much better my day goes when I get to they gym, how it helps to sweat out the stress of the day. I'm much more pleasant when I can get in regular exercise. Can't let too many days go by without exercise, or I lose any inertia I've developed. 

I'll play on social media to decompress before going to bed. Check out some #reflectiveteacher blog post for inspiration (and mentor texts for my own submissions). 

Had I less on my plate, I'd read a book. But this time of year, the only reading I can handle is short articles and whatever I need to read for class. My head isn't in the right place for the sustained reading it takes to read a book, even for fun. 

Perhaps I'll get started on one just for the hell of it. One book, Scent of Apples by Bienvenido Santos, is a collection of short stories. Yeah. That sounds do-able. 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, guilty pleasures. I love good TV. I can't wait until AHS comes out on Hulu or Netflix or whatever streaming media it lands on, so I can finally watch it.
    Someday, I'll get back to novels!

    ReplyDelete